Re: imac g3 installation problem

On Tue, 30 May 2006 06:53:16 -0700, Jason Self wrote:

> On 5/29/06, Daniel Gimpelevich <daniel@gimpelevich.san-francisco.ca.us> wrote:
>> So when did they remove USB booting, then?
>
> Hmm? It hasn't been. Even the Intel Macs of today feature this ability.
>
> http://www.flickr.com/photos/inju/98558407/

The article at the link you provided makes it clear that the ability is
brand-new. Presumably, Intel insisted that it be included, and that
FireWire not be. Just to verify what you're saying, I tried to boot a
TiBook from USB, and Open Firmware could not read the device, so the
ability, if ever there, was gone by 2001.