Re: bcm43xx 2.6.17-rc5 problems

On Sat, May 27, 2006 at 02:20:59PM +0200, Bernhard Reiter wrote:
> Now that 2.6.17-rc5 is out I gave it a test run.
> Unfortunately the wireless driver bcm43xx does not work,
> it not been working with -rc3 either.
>
> Using the patches (softmac and all this) against 2.6.15.4
> I got it to work a few times, and now I hoped that the integration into
> the kernel would have made stuff better, but it didn't.
>
> Any hints appreciated.
What worked for me is "associating with the access point manually",
i.e., ifconfig the interface, do dhcp (you won't get an address)
then:
- iwlist scan
- iwconfig <wireless-interface> ap <mac-of-ap>
- rerun dhcp
It seems there's something broken with the ap selection code, but I
didn't get around to figure out what exactly.
Cheers,
 -- Guido