Re: snd-aoa status update / automatic driver loading

On Fri, May 19, 2006 at 04:49:34PM +0200, Yves-Alexis Perez wrote:
> On Wed, 2006-05-17 at 23:54 +0200, Wolfgang Pfeiffer wrote:
> > 4:
> >
> > I can hear two sound files at the same time: Didn't work at the first
> > try. I then installed again /etc/asound.conf, that I copied from my
> > old ti-IV-Book (Not being sure tho' whether this really is such a good
> > idea .... :
>

> You can add a new card to alsa configuration, too.
>
> Just add
>
> AppleOnbdAudio cards.aoa
>
> in /usr/share/alsa/cards/aliases.conf (i added it just before
> <confdir:pcm/default.conf> )
>
> Then copy PMac.conf to aoa.conf and replace every PMac occurrence by
> aoa.
>
> I attach that file to the mail if you doesnt want to do it.

Thanks a lot for that: I'll keep your advise in mind for later:
Currently I try to find out what snd-aoa can do *without* any of my
interventions (save the ones I mentioned earlier). Just using it,
updating Johannes' drivers every now and then, doing nothing more than
that, and seeing what happens: And the software seems to behave very well:

Currently I'm listening to 2 radio streams at the same time, with 2
instances of alsaplayer-gtk. And depending on which of the 2 streams
broadcast my favorite stuff I turn the volumes on and off. And it just
works ... :)

I'll have a closer look on the files you mentioned/created, just a bit
later. I might need them urgently for sound instances being more
complicated than just 2 radio broadcasts .. :)

Thanks a lot .. :)

Best Regards
Wolfgang

--
Wolfgang Pfeiffer: /ICQ: 286585973/ + + +  /AIM: crashinglinux/
http://profiles.yahoo.com/wolfgangpfeiffer

Key ID: E3037113
http://keyserver.mine.nu/pks/lookup?search=0xE3037113&fingerprint=on