Re: snd-aoa status update / automatic driver loading

On Wed, 2006-05-17 at 23:54 +0200, Wolfgang Pfeiffer wrote:
> 4:
>
> I can hear two sound files at the same time: Didn't work at the first
> try. I then installed again /etc/asound.conf, that I copied from my
> old ti-IV-Book (Not being sure tho' whether this really is such a good
> idea .... :

You can add a new card to alsa configuration, too.

Just add

AppleOnbdAudio cards.aoa

in /usr/share/alsa/cards/aliases.conf (i added it just before
<confdir:pcm/default.conf> )

Then copy PMac.conf to aoa.conf and replace every PMac occurrence by
aoa.

I attach that file to the mail if you doesnt want to do it.

--
Yves-Alexis Perez
#

<confdir:pcm/front.conf>

aoa.pcm.front.0 {
	@args [ CARD ]
	@args.CARD {
		type string
	}
	type hw
	card $CARD
	device 0
}

# default with dmix/dsnoop
aoa.pcm.default {
	@args [ CARD ]
	@args.CARD {
		type string
	}
	type asym
	playback.pcm {
		type plug
		slave.pcm {
			@func concat
			strings [ "dmix:CARD=" $CARD ",FORMAT=S16" ]
		}
	}
	capture.pcm {
		type plug
		slave.pcm {
			@func concat
			strings [ "dsnoop:CARD=" $CARD ",FORMAT=S16" ]
		}
	}
}