Ignore accidental input

Hi.
In osX we got the opportunity to turn on the "Ignore accidental input".
Is there a similar option in linux. The random input from the pad itself can
be pretty annoying. I dunno if its hw or a sw bug, but sometimes the
trackpad ... like right now.!.  I cannot move the cursor more than an inch
back / forth. and it shakes heavily. This was not the case this morning, but
I suspect that the movement startet soon after I left and kept X from
suspending. I seem never to use it, but I also saw no option, neither a
userspace program or in the kernel to turn it off.

Børge