Re: jEdit, java, powerpc...

At Sat, 15 Apr 2006 16:47:39 +0900, Charles Plessy wrote:

> As I could not find an alternative xml editor which can do some
> tab-completion of the tags, I tried to install jEdit from an unofficial
> archive (http://dl.sourceforge.net/sourceforge/jedit), together with
> java.  Blackdown java 1.3.1 (j2re-1.3.1-14-FCS-linux-ppc.bin) is the
> only one I could manage to package through the make-jpkg utility.

Did you try the IBM jdk?  I made a package of the IBM 1.5 jdk with
make-jpkg. I'm running unstable though.  In any case, I can confirm
that jedit works with this jdk.

Maybe you can increase the allocated memory?  I don't know the options
for the Blackdown jvm, but you might try something like this:

java -Xms64m -Xmx128m -jar /usr/share/jedit/jedit.jar

Or increase the JAVA_HEAP_SIZE variable in /usr/X11R6/bin/jedit.

hth,
Ruben