jEdit, java, powerpc...

Dear all,

As I could not find an alternative xml editor which can do some
tab-completion of the tags, I tried to install jEdit from an unofficial
archive (http://dl.sourceforge.net/sourceforge/jedit), together with
java.  Blackdown java 1.3.1 (j2re-1.3.1-14-FCS-linux-ppc.bin) is the
only one I could manage to package through the make-jpkg utility.

Of course, it does not work:

sorbet【~】$ jedit
GC Warning: Out of Memory!  Returning NIL!
GC Warning: Out of Memory!  Returning NIL!
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.OutOfMemoryError
   <<No stacktrace available>>

Is there somebody using jEdit on this list? If yes, how did you manage?

Best regards,

--
Charles Plessy
Wako, Saitama, Japan