suspend-to-disk success on powerbook 6,8

I have been looking into the suspend-to-disk problems I've been having
since the 2.6.14.3 kernel.  I've been doing the
compile-boot-hibernate-reboot routine, and it looks like something
changed after 2.6.15-rc4 (maybe later, but I'm still working on it.)

I also looked at the problems people using Nvidia's drivers have been
having with suspend2 on x86.  The standard advice on x86 is to disable
CONFIG_AGP in the kernel, or, at the very least, to remove the module
before suspending.  I decided to test that advice on ppc linux, so I
compiled a 2.6.17-rc1 kernel with CONFIG_AGP=m.  I'm happy to report
that with the AGP module unloaded my Powerbook 6,8 suspends to disk
just fine.

--
Guy Yasko -- gyasko@gmail.com