Re: 7447A strange problem with MSR:POW (WAS: can't boot 2.6.17-rc1)

On Apr 13, 2006, at 5:20 AM, Benjamin Herrenschmidt wrote:

(For those who haven't followed the beginning, current git locks up at
boot on most recent powermacs. It was tracked down to a weird problem
with the idle code. My latest experiments seem to show something dodgy
with MSR_POW). Help from Freescale folks would be appreciated.

Ben, I think I know what the problem is - comments below.