Re: can't boot 2.6.17-rc1

> >> I see the same hang on my PowerBook 5,9 (17" G4 HR). Note that I don't
> >> run Debian, but I thought I'd help out.
> >> The patch has a bit too much changes behind it to do a simple revert.
> >
> > Please add the later commit from Paulus on top of this one (ff2e6d7427...)
> > and try that one (may be necessary to apply the relevant part manually).
>
> I'm having a bit of trouble with reverting patches and adding new stuff
> on top, unfortunately. Git is quite new to me. I installed it so I could
> do a bisection to figure this out.

I don't think there's a way to force git to apply just that one commmit,
without pulling in those in between as well. You'll have to extact a patch
file describing just that one commit, and apply the relevant bits in
reverse.

> > I've also seen mention of a new radeonfb - do you have a radeon or nvidia
> > machine?
>
> This is an ATi-based machine, Mobility 9600 or 9700. Not sure of the
> exact number. As others have already tried, it doesn't seem to help to
> switch to OpenFirmware framebuffer. The machine will lock up anyway :/

Yep, that points to radeonfb being OK. I'll have a look myself later
today...

	Michael