Re: snd-aoa on PowerMac 8,2

Is the address of the onyx codec hardwired in your code?

I looked a bit into the apple stuff and the datasheet again -- it seems
that both 0x46 and 0x47 are possible addresses. Can you try the latest
code?

I did, I get the same error.  Tracing it a bit I noticed that still you are using port 0x47 (71).

In aoa/codecs/onyx/snd-aoa-codec-onyx.h you have:

#define ONYX_REG_DAC_OUTPHASE           71

I guess that should relate the "base register" somehow.  Maybe something like ONYX_REG_BASE + 0

Then I could set my base register at 0x46 and the rest would work.  Maybe.

Eduardo.