Re: How do you use right or middle mouse buttons on iMac?

Hi,

If you just need it in X you can create a xmodmap (man xmodmap) and
fill it with lines like:

keycode 74 = Pointer_EnableKeys
keycode 76 = Pointer_Button1
keycode 95 = Pointer_Button2
keycode 96 = Pointer_Button3

This makes f8 turn on and off the extra mouse buttons, and f10
left, f11 middle, and f12 the right button.

You can find the keycodes to use with the command xev.  Run xev
and in the little window which comes up type the keys that you want.

For example, I type f4 and I see

KeyPress event, serial .....
   root ....
   stat 0x0, keycode 70 (keysym 0xffc1, F4), ...

70 would be the magic number there.

cheers

bruce