Re: Sarge installer for Mac Performa 6400/180 with 16MB RAM?

On Mon, Mar 20, 2006 at 03:09:18PM +0100, Simon Vallet wrote:
> On Mon, 20 Mar 2006 14:03:23 +0100
> Hans Ekbrand <hans@sociologi.cjb.net> wrote:
>
> > No need for BootX (and with 16 MB RAM, the HD is probably small too,
> > so avoiding BooX seems preferable). My recommendation is boot floppies
> > from woody and boot the installed system with quik. Thats how I
> > installed on my Performa 5400 with 24 MB RAM.
>
> I agree on the BootX overhead, however be aware that the 6400 will nost
> likely *not* boot from OF with 'screen' as output-device -- you'll need
> to use a third party video adapter or a serial console

That would only be necessary if something goes wrong, normally you
don't need to interact with quik. And if something does go wrong, you
can boot with the boot floppies again and rescue the system.

--
Hans Ekbrand (http://sociologi.cjb.net) <hans@sociologi.cjb.net>
GnuPG key: 1024D/7050614E