Re: Sarge installer for Mac Performa 6400/180 with 16MB RAM?

On Mon, 20 Mar 2006 14:03:23 +0100
Hans Ekbrand <hans@sociologi.cjb.net> wrote:

> No need for BootX (and with 16 MB RAM, the HD is probably small too,
> so avoiding BooX seems preferable). My recommendation is boot floppies
> from woody and boot the installed system with quik. Thats how I
> installed on my Performa 5400 with 24 MB RAM.

I agree on the BootX overhead, however be aware that the 6400 will nost
likely *not* boot from OF with 'screen' as output-device -- you'll need
to use a third party video adapter or a serial console

Simon

--
Simon Vallet
http://www.castalie.org/pubkey.txt