Re: Debian Installer - boot floppies

On Sun, Mar 05, 2006 at 02:01:23AM +0100, Marco d'Itri wrote:
> sven.luther@wanadoo.fr wrote:
> >I guess we are using udev, but with a devfs-like naming scheme on top, right ?
> >I strongly believe that swim3.ko is not hotplug friendly, or that udev has
> >some trouble with builtin modules, but i would go for the first case.
> udev handles built-in drivers without problems, but it can create
> devices only for drivers which use the 2.6 driver core.
> If they have not been fixed yet then they are unmaintained or very close
> to this, and it's about time they are fixed or support is dropped.

I just took a look at swim3.c in the official kernel tree, and it looks
like it never got updated to use the macio bus system at all. So it is
a problem with swim3.ko, regardless of the current state of macio in
hotplug. Someone at one point had some updates for the swim3 driver,
but I don't remember what the status of that was.

	Brad Boyer
	flar@allandria.com