Re: Sound on a PowerBook5,7

On Mon, 2006-03-06 at 23:59 +0100, Børge Holen wrote:
> Hi,
> Has anyone had a successful encounter with this PB?dev iu
> Yes alsa is set up (even tried OSS)
> AWACS is found, udev has made devs, and the players are playing.
> NO SOUND!
>
> PB5,7 17" running debian / testing

Sound isn't supported yet on newer models. There is a patch from Ben
Collins floating around that implement a sort of "default" sound support
for machines without proper codec support (with fixed function based on
whatever the firmware have setup) though.

> ps. how do I make the eject key work, cant seem to get any keystroke from it
> in xev.

I do get one, maybe you need a more recent kernel