Re: Debian Installer - boot floppies

On Mar 05, Sven Luther <sven.luther@wanadoo.fr> wrote:

> > By saying that these obsolete drivers should be supported anyway you are
> > basically requesting other people to spend their time maintaining
> > workarounds in their own packages.
> Well, we have done this for sarge in a much more extensive way when all we had
> was discovery to work with. Udev beeing a very important piece of software
> which is the cause of many troubles recently, and given that you are unwilling
> to support such backward compatible fixes, i suppose this probably means that
> you would be willing to accept a (or various) comaintainers who would be
> willing to maintain those workarounds.
This is just not true, the udev package contains multiple workarounds
for broken drivers, starting from ide.agent and vio.agent.
I would not mind receiving help with udev either, but with a few
notable exceptions most people just talk without writing code, and
often do not even know what they are talking about.

> All that is asked is that you don't oppose such workaround to be implemented.
I have no such plan. Just do not expect to implement hacks in my own
packages unless there is a timeline for their replacement with proper
fixes.

--
ciao,
Marco