Re: Sarge on iBook G3 with de_CH Keyboard

Hi

On Mon, Feb 27, 2006 at 02:42:40PM +0100, Thomas Huesser wrote:
> "Page Up" (should be "Fn" + "Arrow Up")
> "Page Down" (should be "Fn" + "Arrow Down")
> "@" (I think this should be "Alt" + "g" ??)
>
> I really would like to be able to write the @-symbol.
>
> My XF86Config-4 contains the following section for the keyboard:
>
> Section "Input Device"
> 	Identifier	"Generic Keyboard"
> 	Driver	"Keyboard"
> 	Option	"CoreKeyboard"
> 	Option	"XkbRules"	"xfree86"
> 	Option	"XkbModel"	"macintosh"
> 	Option	"XkbLayout"	"de_CH"
> EndSection
>
> Does anyone have an idea how I can get this configured correctly?
> Thanks very much in advance for your help.

I use the following to configure the "Apple"-Key as a modifier. This
gives me Apple-g as @.

Section "InputDevice"
        Identifier      "Generic Keyboard"
        Driver          "keyboard"
        Option          "CoreKeyboard"
        Option          "XkbRules"      "xorg"
        Option          "XkbModel"      "powerbook"
        Option          "XkbLayout"     "de_CH"
        Option          "XkbOptions"    "grp:lwin_switch"
EndSection

I don't know if this also makes your Fn keys work. I think these old
models should have an ADB keyboard and they should handle the Fn keys in
Hardware. I'm not sure about this though.

Gaudenz