Re: Regression with Radeon Mobility TI PB & kernel 2.6.15.4

> What I am seeing is it takes longer to draw the screen in X when switching ttys
> and when it is redrawing the screen it looks like it is starting with 6 bit colors.

It's normal that switches and other operations that retore mode &
palette take more time, due to a workaround for a nasty bug that affect
all M6 models according to ATI. However, it should work, even if it does
funny effects. It's my understanding that for those other people, it
doesn't work.

> Unfortunly I am not a programmer and don't have any experience with coding and
> when looking at kernel code I am at loss of what to do :( .   I wish I can
> donate this PowerBook but when I am done, it has to return to a unveristy. :(
>
> Is Blaxland close to Canberra?  I may know somone who is there but right now I
> don't know if he has a PB.

I have no idea where Blaxland here :) Canberra is in Australia, about
300km south of Sydney :)

Ben.