Re: Regression with Radeon Mobility TI PB & kernel 2.6.15.4

Benjamin Herrenschmidt wrote:
> On Thu, 2006-02-23 at 17:19 -0800, Adam Done wrote:
>
>>Since last summer/June I  have not been able to use current kernels
>>because I have been experiencing regression with the display on my
>>PowerBook TI Radeon Mobility (M6).  The last working kernel I can switch
>>from X (GDM and session) to console and back without any problems was
>>kernel 2.6.11.9.  I have been downloading the vanilla kernels from
>>kernel.org and compiling them my self and each one has the same issues.
>>Today I picked up a new kernel from http://rsync.ppckernel.org/ and
>>rsync to that kernel.  Then I  took the old 2.6.12.2 kernel config from
>>http://www.ppckernel.org/specialized.php  and did a make oldconfig to
>>the updated one and I still get the same issues.
>>
>>I have noticed that Jesus Climent had the same issue back on June 3 of
>>last year.
>

> I have no idea what's up at this point... best would be to find somebody
> in Canberra with one of these machines that would let me use it to debug
> the problem.... That or somebody willing to hack into the code and try
> to find a way to make it work
>
> Ben.

What I am seeing is it takes longer to draw the screen in X when switching ttys
and when it is redrawing the screen it looks like it is starting with 6 bit colors.

Unfortunly I am not a programmer and don't have any experience with coding and
when looking at kernel code I am at loss of what to do :( .   I wish I can
donate this PowerBook but when I am done, it has to return to a unveristy. :(

Is Blaxland close to Canberra?  I may know somone who is there but right now I
don't know if he has a PB.

-Adam