Re: mouseemu 0.15 not working at all?

> before moussemu starts (and after it has been terminated) "ls /dev/input"
> shows event4, event5, mice, mouse1 and uinput

That's odd - why does the event device list start with event4? Which
devices do event4 and event5 correspond to (see /sys/class/input)?

> with "mouseemu -right 29 0 -device /dev/input/uinput" a "ls /dev/input"
> shows event4, event5, event6, event7, mice, mouse1, mouse2 and uinput.
>
> cat'ing through these files shows that only "mice" is getting any "events"

That's odd - event4 and event5 should get the mouse and keyboard events if
that's what they are 'connected' to. I begin to suspect event4 and event5
correspond to USB, and 0-3 are the ADB devices which simply do not show
up. Try to create the device nodes manually (mknod /dev/input/event0 c 13
64 and so on). If that does not help, try a reasonable kernel.

> > The only thing that's missing (from my POV) is the kernel mouse button
> > emulation device. Which should not really matter.
>
> which is true: i had a configuration with CONFIG_MAC_EMUMOUSEBTN enabled
> which gave me p.ex. the right mousebutton by pressing f12. but that's not
> what i wanted and the mouseemu-problem wasn't solved by that.

The key code can be configured, but control-click isn't possible that way.

> if no one has other ideas, i will look up the source code but i don't know
> if i can master this ;-)

See the above suggestions: create the missing event devices by hand, and
try a recent kernel. Debugging mouseemu should be rather easy, but if the
events are never passed on by the kernel, debugging mouseemu won't help
any.

	Michael