Re: mouseemu 0.15 not working at all?

> > connected device: "mouseemu virtual keyboard", <NULL>
> > connected device: "mouseemu virtual mouse", <NULL>
> >
> > afterwards (mouseemu still running) i have again the adb3:301/input
> lines
> > for mouse-movement.
>
> Seems like mouseemu does not in fact manage to open the other event
> devices, or fails to grab the events for exclusive use.
>
> mouseemu uses /dev/input/event%d so make sure these are present before
> mouseemu starts (ISTR they were present on your system, but double check).
> And check they actually deliver events (just cat /dev/input/event*) - if
> that all still works out, add some debug code to
> mouseemu.c:scan_for_devs()
> to see what precisely goes wrong there.

before moussemu starts (and after it has been terminated) "ls /dev/input"
shows event4, event5, mice, mouse1 and uinput

with "mouseemu -right 29 0 -device /dev/input/uinput" a "ls /dev/input"
shows event4, event5, event6, event7, mice, mouse1, mouse2 and uinput.

cat'ing through these files shows that only "mice" is getting any "events"
when the mousecursor is moved or any key is pressed (no matter if mouseemu
is started or not). but this output is not human readable (some weird
characters) and afterwards my prompt is messed up with these characters.
"cat /dev/input/uinput" gives by the way a "Kein passendes Gerät gefunden"
(no suitable devices found).

> > up the /var/log/debug log from beginning of the last startup of my mac.
> the
> > first evbug entries are:
> >
> > evbug.c: connected device: "adb keyboard", adb2:2.c4/input
> > evbug.c: connected device: "adb powerbook buttons", adb7:7.1f/input
> > evbug.c: connected device: "adb mouse", adb3:3.01/input
> > (...)
> > evbug.c: connected device: "dmasound beeper", macio/input0
> > (...)
> > evbug.c: connected device: "hid 05ac:1000", usb-001:10:1a.0-1/input0
> > evbug.c: connected device: "hid 05ac:1000", usb-001:10:1a.0-1/input1
> >
> > after that mainly the event-entries mentioned earlier are logged
>
> The only thing that's missing (from my POV) is the kernel mouse button
> emulation device. Which should not really matter.

which is true: i had a configuration with CONFIG_MAC_EMUMOUSEBTN enabled
which gave me p.ex. the right mousebutton by pressing f12. but that's not
what i wanted and the mouseemu-problem wasn't solved by that.

if no one has other ideas, i will look up the source code but i don't know
if i can master this ;-)

michael

--
DSL-Aktion wegen großer Nachfrage bis 28.2.2006 verlängert:
GMX DSL-Flatrate 1 Jahr kostenlos* http://www.gmx.net/de/go/dsl