Re: mouseemu 0.15 not working at all?

> > So far so good. In theory, the output should change somewhat after
> > starting mouseemu - all the adb3:3.01/input stuff should be replaced by
> > <NULL>, for instance (that's mouseemu's virtual keyboard and mouse
> > injecting the events back into the system).
>
> jup. /var/log/debug logs exactly two different lines:
>
> connected device: "mouseemu virtual keyboard", <NULL>
> connected device: "mouseemu virtual mouse", <NULL>
>
> afterwards (mouseemu still running) i have again the adb3:301/input lines
> for mouse-movement.

Seems like mouseemu does not in fact manage to open the other event
devices, or fails to grab the events for exclusive use.

mouseemu uses /dev/input/event%d so make sure these are present before
mouseemu starts (ISTR they were present on your system, but double check).
And check they actually deliver events (just cat /dev/input/event*) - if
that all still works out, add some debug code to mouseemu.c:scan_for_devs()
to see what precisely goes wrong there.

> i have compiled evbug directly into the kernel, so no module. i have looked

Ouch. That gotta hurt :-)

> up the /var/log/debug log from beginning of the last startup of my mac. the
> first evbug entries are:
>
> evbug.c: connected device: "adb keyboard", adb2:2.c4/input
> evbug.c: connected device: "adb powerbook buttons", adb7:7.1f/input
> evbug.c: connected device: "adb mouse", adb3:3.01/input
> (...)
> evbug.c: connected device: "dmasound beeper", macio/input0
> (...)
> evbug.c: connected device: "hid 05ac:1000", usb-001:10:1a.0-1/input0
> evbug.c: connected device: "hid 05ac:1000", usb-001:10:1a.0-1/input1
>
> after that mainly the event-entries mentioned earlier are logged

The only thing that's missing (from my POV) is the kernel mouse button
emulation device. Which should not really matter.

	Michael