Re: mouseemu 0.15 not working at all?

> > > No, that's not what I said. Usually mouseemu 'steals' the events.
> mouseemu
> > > not getting any events at all does point to the kernel as likely
> culprit,
> > > IMHO.
> >
> > so what should be activated in the kernel in addition to
> > CONFIG_INPUT_UINPUT=[y|m] (the only option i found that was necessary).
>
> CONFIG_INPUT_EVDEV, obviously.

no. i just looked it up. that's also activated.

> > > Regarding other apps receiving events, see my suggestion to search
> /proc
> > > for any occurrences of 'event' files. Any process opening some event
> > > device will have a file /proc/<pid>/fd/event%d showing in /proc.
> >
> > ls /proc/*/fd does not show any event%d files only symlinks
>
> Just great. If you stop for a moment and examine any arbitrary process's
> fd directory you'll notice it's always symlinks. s/file/entry/ above if
> you like. Now which are the processes that have symlinks containing
> 'event' in their fd set?

again: none. there is not entry/file that contains the string 'event'

> > in earlier postings in debian-powerpc, i have found something like
> > /proc/input/devices. the input directory does not exist on my mac.
> >
> > > To see which events are processed by the kernel, load the evbug module
> and
> > > watch /var/log/debug
> >
> > ok, moving the mouse produces something like ...
> >
> > event. dev: adb3:3.01/input, type: 2, code: 1, value -1
>
> So far so good. In theory, the output should change somewhat after
> starting mouseemu - all the adb3:3.01/input stuff should be replaced by
> <NULL>, for instance (that's mouseemu's virtual keyboard and mouse
> injecting the events back into the system).

jup. /var/log/debug logs exactly two different lines:

connected device: "mouseemu virtual keyboard", <NULL>
connected device: "mouseemu virtual mouse", <NULL>

afterwards (mouseemu still running) i have again the adb3:301/input lines
for mouse-movement.

> (...)
> Look through the debug log to find the spot where the evbug module loads -
> it reports all registered event devices with name and device name. You
> should find all keyboard, mouse and button devices listed there, plus a
> few odd ones.

i have compiled evbug directly into the kernel, so no module. i have looked
up the /var/log/debug log from beginning of the last startup of my mac. the
first evbug entries are:

evbug.c: connected device: "adb keyboard", adb2:2.c4/input
evbug.c: connected device: "adb powerbook buttons", adb7:7.1f/input
evbug.c: connected device: "adb mouse", adb3:3.01/input
(...)
evbug.c: connected device: "dmasound beeper", macio/input0
(...)
evbug.c: connected device: "hid 05ac:1000", usb-001:10:1a.0-1/input0
evbug.c: connected device: "hid 05ac:1000", usb-001:10:1a.0-1/input1

after that mainly the event-entries mentioned earlier are logged

michael