Re: hi and first and hopefully last question

On Sat, Feb 11, 2006 at 10:17:41PM +0100, Mich Lanners wrote:
> > Does the latest Debian/PPC 3.0 iso support it? I planned to use the
> > easeness of ubuntu as starting point, but aint afraid of a debian
> > vanilla install.
>
> Debin can be installed more easily these days than many people used to
> the old days do believe ;-)

Debian 3.0 aka woody, is stone-age by now (almost 4 years since the release),
no chance it will work. Debian/sarge, using backported sid/etch kernels should
work just fine, this is what i run myself.

But where i you, i would definitively give Debian/etch beta2 which will be out
in a couple of weeks a try.

Ubuntu and debian share most of the ease-of-use installer, so there should be
no significant difference in the installation method per se.

Friendly,

Sven Luther