Re: iMac/nvidia & sleep

Guido Guenther wrote:
On Fri, Feb 10, 2006 at 01:02:40PM +0100, Michael Schmitz wrote:

The rivafb kernel support varies somewhat. Depending on the precise model,
stuff like backlight control may work, or may break. Guido Guenther used
to keep rivafb patches on the net, so you may want to google around. Sleep
support with rivafb I doubt somewhat. Suspend to disk might work though.

Rivafb is working quiet on NV17, NV3X although it's been mostly replaced
by nvidiafb these days. Brightness Control should work with both
drivers (only used rivafb so far though) and suspend to disks works out
of the box with recent 2.6. kernels - suspend is a no go, as you said.
What does lspci tell about the card, I can't seem to find a MX 400 in
the kernel's current pci_ids.

lspci -
0000:00:10:00 vga compatible controller: nVidia Corporation NV11 [GeForce2 MX/MX 400] (revb2)

00:10:00? I thought it was PCI:00:16:00 when I reconfigured either xorg or XF86.

Is 2.6.8 a recent enough kernel?

--
Michael