hi and first and hopefully last question

Hello all!

This is my first e-mail all because a few days ago bought myself a brand new iPowerBook 15" (Alubook so it seems :) with MACOsX

It bundles a new dl superdrive:

MATSHITA DVD-R   UJ-846:

  Revisión del firmware:	FAAG
  Interconexión:	ATAPI
  Soporte de grabación:	Sí (incluido o compatible con Apple)
  Caché:	2048 KB
  Leer DVD:	Sí
  Grabar CD:	-R, -RW
  Grabar DVD:	-R, -RW, +R, +RW, +R DL
  Protección de falta de datos de grabación de CD:	Sí
  DVD de protección de falta de datos de grabación:	Sí
  Estrategias de escritura:	CD-TAO, CD-SAO, DVD-DAO
  Soporte:	No

I plan to install linux but:
	* Ubuntu/PPC 5.10's Live/Install kernels don't support my Superdrive

Does the latest Debian/PPC 3.0 iso support it? I planned to use the easeness of ubuntu as starting point, but aint afraid of a debian vanilla install.

Also, i would like a pointer to a place to find an image not only bootable but with some app similar to qparted so that i can make space without erasing and recreating the MacOsX slices

urls welcome!

Znx all,
--
Daniel Payno