Re: XFree86 - xorg questions

Cedric Pradalier wrote:
How do I do that when xev returns nothing? Like I said, it's like I'm tapping on the desk, like the key simply doesn't exist. Xev doesn't register that I've pressed any key, let alone return a keycode.

Did you try running xev while starting X in failsafe mode.
some program can hide event to xev by getting them first.
For instance when hotkeys is running, my mute key becomes
mute to xev.

Ah, no ... I will try that. I'm much relieved anyway now because, prior to your last email, I didn't know one could issue an "eject" command. I thought my drive was completely inaccessible. So much to learn.

as an alternative to xmodmap, If you modify
your /etc/X11/xkb/symbol/macintosh/us (or whatever), then
you can define there that you want the XF86Eject symbol
when pressing Alt-F11 for instance...

I thought I looked through every directory in /xkb, but I missed that one ... naturally, since it is the most informative.

Thanks for the help.

--
Michael