Re: debian kernel 2.6.15-1 module-assistant cant compile alsa

Sven Luther <sven.luther <at> wanadoo.fr> writes:

> whcih version of linux-headers-2.6.15-1-powerpc where you using, and why don't
> you use the alsa modules which are included in the mainline kernel ?

I was afraid to figure out all the kernel selections, for fear of messing up
sleeping and other energy saving stuff.

I naively thought that since the debian kernel choices are likely completely
appropriate for such a standard device as a standard ibook;
I could stick with that. I figured everyone else was using the exact same
equipment :).

Then after I upgraded to the latest debian sid packages for
2.6.15-1-powerpc linux-headers and linux-image yesterday,
I had no sound and saw that alsa was not working.

I just ran module-assistant and just followed its directions.
I had done that
before for debian on a 386. I selected alsa in module assistant.  Module
assistant downloaded some alsa stuff and tried to  compile and failed. The
compile error is at home. I will post it tomorrow.

If you can tell me an alternative and perhaps give me a .config file
appropriate for my box, I would be glad to compile alsa
directly into the kernel, or
whatever is neccessary.

Thank you!

Mitchell Laks