Re: DVD-Writer

Rainer Gutkas wrote:

Hello all!

I'm thinking of tuning my Powerbook G3 Pismo a bit and thought to by myself a DVD-writer to replace the original DVD-ROM. Theres plenty of them on ebay As I can order this only from overseas (US) and thats quite expensive, and I don't think I can return them, I thought I start with asking round here if anybody got experience with these devices and if they work good under Linux?

MFG,

Rainer

I found my DVD writer didn't work with the traditional programs (eg. UIs like GnomeBaker and xcdroast), however said traditional programs did help me to compile an ISO for the DVD which I then wrote to disk with `dvdrecord -Z /dev/dvd=my_iso.iso`

Most things will work.

- Yuki.