Re: How do I hotswap media bay devices?

> You are right that the CDROM seems to be recognized by the kernel
> according to the logs, but I can't mount any CDs because there doesn't
> seem to be a /dev/hdc.
>
> How do I get one of those without rebooting?

That depends - with neither udev nor devfsd running, mknod /dev/hdc b 22 0
would be enough. With udev, look in /dev/disk/by-path/ to see if anything
shows up there when you plug in the disk. With devfs, I'm out of my depth
- look in /dev/discs or /dev/ide/* to check devfsd gets notified of the
plug event. If not, there's a problem with your kernel configuration.

	Michael