Re: Newbie planning vanilla Debian 31r1a-powerpc net install.

On Fri, Jan 27, 2006 at 11:44:04AM +0100, Brian Durant wrote :

> 1) Which option "install-*" do I use to start an install for the
> following:

Hi,

What options can you chose ? any finishing by 4 or 64 should be fine.

> You shouldn't have to be a guru to get a plain vanilla Debian
> system installed and running.

I did not use the Sarge installer, but with the Etch one, you should be
able to do everything just by pressing return when asked a question,
especially if you want an automatic partitionning...

(see the bug report I sent you in one of the first mails, it is an
installation report)

> there are more user friendly ways of doing this.

Do not be impressed by the questions, just press return :)

> look at the Unofficial Ubuntu 5.04 Starter Guide (PowerPC) for an
> example of what I am talking about.

I am sure that there are also plenty of friendly *unofficial*
installation guides for debian. You can find some with screenshots with
a little bit of googling.

How about this one ?

http://www.linuxdevcenter.com/pub/a/linux/2005/09/29/installing_debian.html

In Japan, we often say "Ganbatte kudasai". It means something like,
"Gook luck, and do your best".

--
Charles