Re: Keyboard-Layout

Hi,

On  13 Jan, this message from Keywan Najafi Tonekaboni echoed through
cyberspace:
> my iBook was in repair and they exchanged the mainboard. Now the keys
> for ^/° and </> are switched. On OS X they keys works normal. Any idea
> how to fix this?

This looks like a "ISO keyboard, swapping keys" issue. I don't know the
reasoning, but on Apple ISO keyboards, ISO including the European ones,
there seems to be the need for the swap of two keys.

Once I took my Powerbook (ISO keyboard) apart, I also disconnected the
PMU. Well, after reassembling, I had the same issue as you! So there
seems to be a bit in PMU that configures something about the keyboard,
that can be reset under certain circumstances.

Anyway, there is not much you can do. You can try all reset procedures
that you can find in Apple's docs, there might be a PMU reset in there.
Try that.

If nothing helps, xmodmap is your friend, as was already mentioned.

Cheers

Michel

L-1710 Luxembourg              |
email   mlan@cpu.lu            |