Re: Install mini-iso and kernel available for new AlBook

Moin,

On  15 Jan, this message from Michael Schmitz echoed through cyberspace:
>> I forgot that pbbuttonsd needs ADB compiled in to work. Not sure what
>> it is useful for, since I'm pretty sure these 'Books have no trace of
>> ADB nowhere. Anyway...
>
> I'm sure ADB doesn't serve any purpose on these machines. ADB support
> is needed by pbbuttonsd because the trackpad state is saved/restore
> over sleep. That will have to happen using input/evdev or in the USB
> trackpad driver now.

So obviously pbbuttonsd needs to be adapted to make the trackpad access
device configurable. Or at least it should tolerate the absence of
/dev/adb.

Matthias, are you reading?

> Keyboard backlight might still work - to test this independently from
> pbbuttonsd, try lmud (google for it or holler, I should still have a
> copy of the source).

Yes, found mention of it in pbbuttonsd's conf file. But it needs i2c,
and I'm not sure I compiled everzthing in that's required here. Have to
check.

>> PS That kernel even supports sleep (i.e. suspend to RAM).... Hooray :-)
>
> Seems you have a non-broken graphics adapter (ATI), then :-)

Yes, ATI indeed. Guaranteed lack of sleep through NVidia chip would have
been a reason to not buy the machine. But I didn't necessarily expect it
to work more or less out-of-the-box.

Although, I must say, second wake it locked up, so 50% success only so
far :(

Cheers

Michel

L-1710 Luxembourg              |