Re: Can't Install on new PowerBooks - NO IDE

On Sat, Nov 26, 2005 at 06:35:19PM +0000, Chris Burdess wrote:

> I can confirm all the above. Regarding suspend, it seems to work (with
> pbbuttonsd) but oopses on wakeup.

There are a bunch of USB bugs that causes problems at wakeup. Ben has
posted some of the patches for it to this list, check the archives.

> PCMCIA also appears to have issues. I spent several days trying to get a
> wireless ethernet card up and running in the PCMCIA slot (works without
> problems on 2 i386 Debian systems), but although it shows up in lspci
> there is no trace of it in sysfs. NB this may simply be down to the
> recent kernel changes (cardmgr->pcmciautils).

I'm using a D-Link pccard wireless card on mine, works fine with madwifi
drivers:

0001:11:00.0 Ethernet controller: Atheros Communications, Inc. AR5212 802.11abg NIC (rev 01)

-Olof