Re: Can't Install on new PowerBooks - NO IDE

Christoph Cebulla wrote:
> Doesn't work:
> - touchpad (seems to be completely new, see thread
> http://lists.debian.org/debian-powerpc/2005/11/msg00504.html and
> http://www.popies.net/atp/ )
> - wireless (there is a project working on it, there seems to be some
> progress, see http://linux-bcom4301.sourceforge.net/ )

Unfortunately most of the links from this page 404.

> - sound (dmasound_pmac does not load, the alsa-module snd_powermac loads
> fine, but recognises the chipset as an AWACS, which according to
> http://wiki.debian.org/?PowerpcSoundcards should not be in any newer
> powerbook )
> - keyboard illumination and fn-key are also not working, but I have not
> tried real hard to change that
> - same applies to suspend

I can confirm all the above. Regarding suspend, it seems to work (with
pbbuttonsd) but oopses on wakeup.

PCMCIA also appears to have issues. I spent several days trying to get a
wireless ethernet card up and running in the PCMCIA slot (works without
problems on 2 i386 Debian systems), but although it shows up in lspci
there is no trace of it in sysfs. NB this may simply be down to the
recent kernel changes (cardmgr->pcmciautils).

Thanks for the summary and compiling all the relevant links.
--
Chris Burdess