Re: Can't Install on new PowerBooks - NO IDE

Same installation issue (IDE) here with the newest powerbook5,8 15". So it looks like we should try to patch the 2.6.14 kernel. Ok. When I am done compiling, where should I copy it? USB stick? So I suppose I will have to mount it at boot time when installing, just before choosing the kernel image, right? I would appreciate some hints on this matter. I mean, compiling and mounting the usb device. Or there's some chance of creating an installation disk with additional (the self-compiled one) kernel images. BTW i am a Debian user, just so you know.