Re: Performa 6320CD

Mike Small wrote:

Do you know if there is any information about how the boot process

works for nubus machines?  Is it different for each model?  I have an
old laptop I'm fond of (a 1400) that I'd like to use to learn about
writing boot programs, but I haven't been able to find any information
with which to begin.  I suppose this is not something that is
documented anywhere.

Sorry Mike, I don't know. I know from talking with Ethan Benson it is not open firmware thus a major probelm (PETA as EB calls it ). Forth is the language of OF yet a libc-prom is the direction yaboot is heading for release 2. I would address Ethan and look into yaboot and their mailing list and possibly you might get a better answer. Sven seems to know something about the boot loader:

Quote from previous email with Sven:

rod ross wrote:
back to trying to build nubus again. The boot process only worked using mklinux bootloader for me and I tried them all. I realise a different

Sven wrote:
Yeah, known problem, altough there is some hope in emile, but we will see. I
was told about it in february.

Cheers,

Rod Ross