Re: installing G3/266 beige: which vmlinux ??

Rogério Brito wrote:
> Unfortunately, you can't make a separate /boot filesystem (from the /
> filesystem) for the kernels used with quik.
>
> AFAIK, quik requires:
>
> * an ext2 filesystem;
> * that /boot is not separate from the root filesystem, at least.

I've got quik set up on my PowerMac 7500 with a JFS root filesystem and
an ext2 /boot, and it works just fine. I didn't install it just recently
(it's probably been 2+ years since I installed it, actually). I can tell
you that it does work, at least.

--
Derrik Pates
demon@devrandom.net