ALSA volume level step on Powermac Screamer (AWACS)

Hi all,

I have a question that's been on my mind since 'ever' :)
When I change the volume on my powerbook (pismo), it changes in steps of
about 7, so 0, 7, 13, 20 etc. The result is that I can't listen to any
sounds _quiet_ , the level 7 is quite loud. Is there any way to change
it? I can of course use software preamp in xmms, and features alike in
other software, but that's not e real solution.

Alsa configuration is kind of like necromancy to me...

Thanks for any help,

owczi

--
   [x]--Wojciech---owczi---Owczarek--WO111-RIPE--[_][+]
    |--------- mailto: owczi|at|owczi|dot|net -------|