Re: Request for help to identify some bugs (part two)

Le Lundi 24 Octobre 2005 00:43, Benjamin Herrenschmidt a écrit :
> > The problem occurs at the moment I insert a CD in the slot drive. In some
> > rare cases, there's no problem and when it's a blank cd-rw it's ok. Maybe
> > kded tries to access to the cdrom to fast?
>
> Possibly. It looks like a mixed problem with kded and the kernel (the
> kernel because the CD driver shouldn't spam your log with what looks
> like a normal thing).
>
> Do you have a bug report open somewhere on a bugzilla ? If not, please
> open one on bugzilla.kernel.org with all the infos about the issue
> (don't bother with UDMA stuff, that's a different issue, the real
> problem is this error in your log triggered by kded) and add me to the
> CC list of the bug. I'll try to followup.

Hi Benjamin,

Why do you suggest me to open a bug on the kernel's bugzilla? Is that because
of the 'hdc: tray open' message in the log (although I have a slot drive)?

Is it possible that this message comes from kded? as for exemple with Gnome
there's no problem to read a cdrom and this message does not appear in the
logs.

Yannick

--
La loi ne doit établir que des peines strictement et évidemment
nécessaires.