Re: Request for help to identify some bugs (part two)

Hi Ben,

Benjamin Herrenschmidt wrote:

> How do you set it to u/dma2 and remind me the exact machine model

It tryed to set the combo drive to udma2 both with "hdparm -q -d1 -X
udma2 /dev/hdc" and with "command_line {hdparm -q -d1 -X udma2 /dev/hdc}"
in /etc/hdparm.conf (if I use transfert_mode, hdparm complains that it
doesn't know this option).

My ibook is a "Late 2004" (october) one.

>> I'm not sure that this problem is related to hardware configuration since
>> it only happen with KDE "media discovery" (when turning off the
>> "gestionnaire de media kded", the cd insertion does not produce the kded
>> madness but the cdrom is not accessible via media:/) and not with de
>> Gnome one.
>
> Hrm... This is a slot loading CD ? I don't know what KDE is trying to do
> there. Do you actually have a media in hte drive when that happen ?

The problem occurs at the moment I insert a CD in the slot drive. In some
rare cases, there's no problem and when it's a blank cd-rw it's ok. Maybe
kded tries to access to the cdrom to fast?

Yannick