Re: Alternative to G3 ibook

On Thu, Oct 20, 2005 at 10:26:56AM +0100, Rory Campbell-Lange wrote:
> Thanks for the vote of confidence in the Lombard, Gabriel.
>
> Any votes for a G4 powerbook with an external wireless adapter?
>
> I move around with my laptop a lot (several clients a day) and I think
> the G4 iBook is simply a lot lighter than a pismo.
>
> Interestingly, it looks like Pismos can be got hold of for less than 200
> pounds on ebay.

My personal vote goes for one of the last titaniums, with the airport extreme
card, not sure how much they go right now, but i believe it is one of the
nicest solution. I switched to it from a 12" g3/800 ibook (the one with the 3
year waranty - dying motherboard problem), and i would not go back in any
case, altough it is biggerm it is slimmer and i believe in a similar class
weight wise. The g4 is a bit more noisy though.

(i exchanged the superdrive for a dual layer reading one, since the original
superdrive sucks quite some, not being able to write cd-rw. So, if anyone
wants an original tibook superdrive ...)

Also, benh has such a one, so support is quite good :)

Friendly,

Sven Luther