Re: problem with debootstrap

On Wed, Oct 19, 2005 at 09:44:28PM +0200, Xavier Grave wrote:
> Le mercredi 19 octobre 2005 à 18:24 +0200, Sven Luther a écrit :
> > On Wed, Oct 19, 2005 at 06:20:17PM +0200, Xavier Grave wrote:
>
> > Why do you want to do that, etch has now 64bit ppc64 kernel support and a
> > biarch toolchain, it should be enough for everyone's need, and no need to go
> > for the one-man-pure-64-rebuild-bloating-alioth of Andreas Jochens anymore.
>
> > Do you really need 64bit libraries and executable, and if so which ones ?
>
> lib64gnat-4.0 is the one I need and the answer I get from one of the gcc
> maintainer was to have a look at :

I take it lib64gnat-4.0 is part of the gcc package. and this is a biarch gnat
compiler of some kind ?

> "Andreas Jochens does maintain a ppc64 port, so maybe you want to look
> at this port"

Doko is the one doing this, well, i am sure he would accept a patch from you
providing a biarch gnat, maybe ? Does this even work ?

> Gentoo has a ppc64 + gnat in 64 bits format, maybe I can try to have a
> look at what they have done ?

Gentoo has pure ppc64, you would be more interested to see if suse or
redhat/fedora or ydl4 have it.

Friendly,

Sven Luther