Re: problem with debootstrap

On Wed, Oct 19, 2005 at 06:20:17PM +0200, Xavier Grave wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Since I have the problem under debian unstable ppc 32 bits (I hope I'm
> not too off topic :-) I think I should ask my question here :
> debootstrap --arch ppc64  sid ppc64.chroot
> http://debian-ppc64.alioth.debian.org/gcc4 failed with :
> I: Retrieving Release
> I: Retrieving Packages
> I: Validating Packages
> I: Checking component main on
> http://debian-ppc64.alioth.debian.org/gcc4...
> E: Couldn't find these debs: 31886972
>
> Does somebody know what I need to do ? I really don't know how
> debootsrap runs and so I don't where to start in order to solve my
> problem.
>
> Thanks in advance, xavier

Why do you want to do that, etch has now 64bit ppc64 kernel support and a
biarch toolchain, it should be enough for everyone's need, and no need to go
for the one-man-pure-64-rebuild-bloating-alioth of Andreas Jochens anymore.

Do you really need 64bit libraries and executable, and if so which ones ?

Friendly,

Sven Luther