Re: How to get rid of sungem at boot time?

On Sun, Oct 16, 2005 at 07:36:27PM +0200, Wolfgang Pfeiffer wrote:

               [ ... ]

> With the device above seen by the system having set the orinoco card in
> the /etc/network/interfaces file to eth2 everything is fine: The access
> point will be recognised at boot-up, and WLAN is working right after
> booting the machine ... eth1 in this scenario seems to be the ethernet card:
>
> $ macchanger -s eth1
> Current MAC: 00:03:93:cd:e4:c4 (Apple Computer, Inc.)
>
> If the eth0 device above is missing at another system boot the whole

"missing" = the system doesn't see a device anymore although the
hardware has not been changed on the machine ...

> devices order is shifting, and changed, and as a consequence
> previous eth2 (radio card) simply does not exist any more, thus
> rendering my settings in the /etc/network/interfaces useless ... :)
> ... :

Best Regards
Wolfgang

--
Wolfgang Pfeiffer
http://profiles.yahoo.com/wolfgangpfeiffer

Key ID: E3037113
Key fingerprint = A8CA 9D8C 54C4 4CC1 0B26  AA3C 9108 FB42 E303 7113