Error and Warning Messages at Boot

Greetings,

As Linux boots, I get the following two lines output to the screen:

1. "Mounting local filesystem ... failed!"

Everything seems to be running properly, but this error message has me
concerned. Output from dmesg doesn't show anything out of the ordinary.
And my fstab seems to be set up properly.

2. "/etc/network/options is deprecated"

Don't have a clue what's causing this.

I'm less concerned about 2. but am worried about 1. What do I need to do
to correct these problems and prevent these messages at boot?

Thanks,
Joe