Re: sarge kernel frozen (2.4.27 and 2.6.8), and plans for post-sarge powerpc kernels.

On Wed, Apr 06, 2005 at 07:00:52PM -0700, Michael wrote:
> Yes Sven you are not wrong, This is indeed an Apple Macintosh G4, so
> thankyou for the clarification.  And I do wish I didn't have to compile
> my own kernel, but it seems the only solution to getting  graphic

No, there you are wrong.

> support so I can have a working X installation.  The latest post vinai
> sent me he indicated that at some point the Debian kernel lost support
> for the Rage 128 pro, but he didn't notice because he always compiled
> his own.

If there is a problem with the debian kernel, i much expect that a bug has
been filled about it, and we can search together for the solution and fix it.
If people go building their own kernel at the first problem they encounter,
and don't fill bug reports, how do you expect to get things fixed ?

Friendly,

Sven Luther