Re: sarge kernel frozen (2.4.27 and 2.6.8), and plans for post-sarge powerpc kernels.

Sven Luther wrote:
Hello,

[..]

Plans on my part for 2.6 powerpc kernels are :
  1) abandonement of the ppc32 power3 and power4 kernels in favour of ppc64
  variants.

mkay, this looks bad to my eyes.
Does this mean that there is no more support for these variants in upstream, also? I have a PowerBook G4, so I would like to still have a kernel for it :(

I don't think I have enough time to maintain an unofficial package for this arch. Nor do I have the skills necessary to hack into the ppc kernel code.

Is there any chance someone might convince you to still maintain this subarch?

  2) migration to a common and single kernel package for all arches.

Anything else needed for the powerpc post-sarge kernels, please comment here.

Errr, can say once more :-) , please maintain also a powerpc G4 kernel!

Friendly,

Sven Luther

--
Regards,