Re: Downgrading from Sid to Sarge ?

On Fri, Apr 01, 2005 at 04:56:15PM -0500, Mehul Sanghvi wrote:

> > I think you understood the docs correctly ... But my impression now is
> > that you wonder about the consequences of your installs from
> > unstable?? Or what did I miss ... :)
> >

> You didn't miss anything.  I just never realised the consequences of
> my actions. :)
> I completely missed out on the dependencies having to come from unstable as well
> as the package I want to install.  And for the life of me, I can't
> remember what package
> it was that I installed from unstable. Is there a way to tell which
> package was installed
> from unstable ?

Not that I knew of; but perhaps the following can give you a starting
point for a better solution:

ls -lt -c /var/lib/dpkg/info/ | grep list | less

The command above gives you hopefully a list of packages you installed
the last time, IINM. It won't tell you about which branch they were
pulled from: But perhaps it might help remember the package you
installed from unstable ... Sorry, but this seems to be a weak point
on Debian, still: The, IINM, fact you don't have a precise history on
what was installed when ...

Good luck ... :)

Nice weekend
  Wolfgang